Why choose Rotunda IVF?
Since 1989, we’ve helped thousands of people achieve their dream of having a baby and spent more than 25 years pioneering and innovating assisted reproduction in Ireland.
In choosing Rotunda IVF, you select a fertility clinic with a reputation you can trust, with relationships you can rely on and with results you can expect.
- A Reputation You Can Trust
The Rotunda Hospital is the world’s oldest maternity hospital and, as co-located with Rotunda IVF, has cared for generations of families since 1745. Rotunda IVF, which was founded in 1989, has provided many thousands of couples with babies and we will continue to do so for generations to come. Our long-standing legacy has attracted the best doctors, nurses, embryologists, and counsellors to work with Rotunda IVF. We are part of Virtus Health, one of the world’s largest fertility treatment groups.
There have been some big moments since we started, here are some of our achievements.
- Excellent Pregnancy Rates
- First baby born from a vitrified embryo
- First baby born after the use of antagonist (short) protocol
- We are the National Gamete Centre specialising in fertility preservation for oncology patients
- Rotunda IVF is an RCSI accredited sub-speciality training centre in reproductive medicine and surgery.
- Relationships You Can Rely On
From the moment you arrive at the clinic, everyone in Rotunda IVF takes on the goal of helping you to feel confident and comfortable in our care so that you can conceive a baby. Doctors, Patient Support, Nurses and Administration – all work as a close-knit team – for your benefit.
Our dedicated Patient Support team helps patients to deal with their practical and emotional worries – such as how to communicate with each other under pressure; how to manage work demands during treatment, or how to manage time and financial resources.
Our Patient Support team can help you to overcome concerns and focus on your main goal – creating a new life. Every member of our team follows your progress right through your testing and treatment. We are there to answer questions and give you insights, whenever you need us. Your goal becomes our goal. Find out more about our patient support >
- Results You Can Expect
Our multi-disciplinary team, our research and the individualised treatment plans developed with your input, ensure that Rotunda IVF consistently achieves world-class success rates.
Pregnancy rates in excess of 50% per single cycle are routinely achieved, where a woman is below the age of 35. Pregnancy rates, for women under 40, rise to 70% over the course of two cycles. Find out more about our success rates >
- The History of Rotunda IVF
- 1989 We were one of the first ART clinics in the Republic of Ireland.
- 1997 First successful birth using Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- 2008 Blastocyst culture introduced
- Irish Medicines Board granted licence to practice as a tissue and cells establishment under European Union directive
- 2012 Vitrification method of freezing is launched
- 2013 Laser technology introduced to improve implantation
- 2014 25 years pioneering and innovating assisted reproduction in Ireland
- Rotunda IVF has over 1000 cycles of treatment per year
- Rotunda IVF came under Virtus Health umbrella
- We receive over 2000 enquiries from couples every year
- Over 5000 babies have been born as a result of treatment with Rotunda IVF